An employee of the Brinks Service Station at Rathdrinagh arrived home to Beauparc, Painestown, Co. Meath at 2.20am.
About twenty minutes later as she was getting into bed, the woman heard voices outside her house but thought it was people going home from a night out. She then heard a car reversing outside her house. She heard a loud bang and jumped out of bed. She saw two men in the corridor outside her bedroom. The men were armed with torches and hurley sticks. They threatened the woman, demanding cash and cigarettes. They searched the house, ransacking the bedroom.
One of the raiders found a bunch of keys believing them to be the keys to the service station. The raiders brought the woman to the service station at Rathdrinagh. A third raider had appeared at this stage. One of the other raiders referred to him as “Dicky”. The woman saw a fourth raider revving the engine of a white Golf GTI three door parked in the driveway. She was placed in the rear seat of her own car, a Ford Kuga and taken to the Service Station.
The woman was told to open the shop, but she was unable to as she did not have the keys. The raiders then told her to get behind a refuse bin while they cut the seatbelts from her car. They tied the belts to the tow hitch on her car and pulled the shutter from the shop.
At this point one of the raiders shouted that a car was coming, the raiders then fled the scene.
Description of Raiders:
Raider 1: Stocky build, about 5’7’’ tall, in his 30’s. He wore a balaclava and a dark jacket with grey panel. He carried a torch and hurley stick.
Raider 2: Thin Build, 5’9’’ to 5’10’’, early 20’s, May have had red hair. He wore brown knitted balaclava with the eyes cut out. He wore a light coloured hoody with his jeans tucked into his socks. He carried a torch and hurley stick.
Raider 3: Late teens, dark eyebrows. He wore a balaclava, navy and black jumper and track suit bottoms. Referred to as dicky
Raider 4: Initial Driver of Golf – Thin Build, Wearing dark tracksuit bottoms and top.
• Any sightings of the golf arriving at the house in Painestown, together with sightings of the four occupants
• Did anyone see the Golf leaving the house at Painestown and travelling in convoy with the injured party’s car a ford Kuga partial registration number 09MH
• Did anyone see both of these vehicles travelling from Painestown to the service station at Rathdrinagh at 3am
• Appeal for patrons attending the concert at Slane and those out socialising in particular any sightings near a public house just off the junction of the N2
Movements of Golf:
• The Golf GTI bearing registration number 08D55098 was stolen in the course of a Burglary at Watergrasshill, Co Cork on 28/05/11 at 9.45pm
• The occupants of this vehicle were involved in a Robbery from the person at Moate Road, Ballyragget, Co Kilkenny,at 11.30 pm
• Sometime after midnight the registration plates 08MH7315 and 06LS3062 were stolen from two cars at a housing estate in Monasterevin, Co Kildare
• The stolen registration plate 08MH7315 was on the Golf when it was discovered burnt out at Kiloshulan, Barna, Co. Kilkenny on 29/05/11 at 9.15am
Gardaí at Navan Garda Station are investigating Telephone 046 907 9930