Our website uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to collect information about how you use this site to improve our service to you. By not accepting cookies some elements of the site, such as video, will not work. Please visit our Cookie Policy page for more information on how we use cookies.

February 23

Two rings

Gardaí in Ballymun are investigating an aggravated burglary at a hotel, where a travelling salesman was assaulted and had a large quantity of jewellery stolen from him. The salesman checked into his hotel on Thursday, the 28th January. He was in his bedroom in the hotel when just after midnight three armed men burst into his room. He was assaulted by one of the men with a hammer. This man was also carrying a handgun. One raider stayed at the door ordering the other men while the second raider took the salesman’s Samsonite suitcase containing a substantial number of valuable rings and jewellery. The armed men fled in the direction of Coultry Road.

Gardaí are appealing for any information regarding this incident and would appeal to persons offered these goods for sale to contact them immediately.

Gardaí at Ballymun Investigating                          Telephone: 01 666 6400

Gardaí in Dunleer are investigating a bank robbery that took place in the town on Friday 29th January last, just after 4pm. Two masked men entered the bank and threatened staff. One of the men was armed with a handgun, the other a crowbar.

The raiders arrived at the bank in a dark coloured Toyota Carina E. It bore the registration number JBZ 67 86. One of the raiders locked the car park gates with a padlock and chain and set the car alight.

While the robbery was taking place a third masked man waited on the main street in a red Audi A4 estate. It bore a false registration number YF55GWW. This car had been stolen from a house in Ballymahon in Lonford in January 2009.

Once the raiders fled the bank they got into the waiting Audi. It drove towards Clougherhead. The occupants threw metal spikes out of the car in order to slow up pursuing vehicles. They made their way to St. Finnian’s Community Centre where the car was abandoned and burnt out. They most likely left the scene in another vehicle. Gardaí are looking for any witnesses who may have information on the vehicles used in this crime or if they saw suspicious activity in the area at the time, to contact them.

Gardaí at Drogheda  Investigating                  Telephone: 041 987 4200

The Gardaí at Rathdrum are investigating a bank robbery that occurred at a bank in the town.

On Thursday 22nd January 2010 at 11.15am, three men arrived in the town in a Navy Metallic blue Mitsubishi Pajero. It’s registration number was 95 WW 1116. The vehicle was stolen from an Opel garage in, Mullingar on the 19/1/2010.

Just before the robbery at 11.10am the Pajero parked outside the bank. After 4 to 5 minutes three men ran from the jeep and entered the bank while the driver remained.

The first raider with the rifle remained at the door and threatened staff and customers. While raider two with the sledge hammer began hitting the glass partition until eventually it broke. The third raider with the crow bar then vaulted the counter and began to fill the recycle bag with cash from behind the counter.

The raiders then ran from the bank to the awaiting Pajero. They then drove away from the bank turning left onto Brewery place. The Pajero was seen by a witness overtaking a vehicle further along this road at an area named Fair green. It would have then come to a Y in the road where it could either have gone left down Greenan road or right down Ballinderry road.

The Pajero was discovered abandoned a short distance away at Wheelers lane. The forensic suits had been set on fire by the gang and the pajero was left with its engine running and the drivers and rear boot door open.

Description of Raiders:

The first raider was armed with a rifle. He was 5’ 8’’ to 5’ 10’’and had as light build. He was unshaven and wore a white dusk mask and plain white forensic suit.

The second raider was taller and carried a sledge hammer. He wore a black scarf and black peak cap under the white forensic suit. He wore gardening gloves and white runners.

The third man was also tall and carried a crow bar and a green recycling bag. He wore the same overalls, a white dust mask, Black runners and gloves.

Gardaí at Rathdrum Investigating        Telephone: 0404 46206

Gardaí in Pearse Street are investigating a burglary that took place at a Jeweller’s premises on Grafton Street on the 13th of February last, around 3.20am. The raiders gained access to the premises through the roof of the building next door; they then smashed their way through an office into the show room. They are captured on CCTV taking a large quantity of jewellery from the showroom display cabinets.

Gardaí are appealing to the occupants of two vehicles seen in the Anne’s Lane area, close to the Jeweller’s, at the time of the burglary to contact them. The first vehicle was a Dark Blue BMW with 8 spoke alloy wheels which was in the area for some time. The second vehicle was a White Mercedes Sprinter Van which was in the area just after 4:10am.

Gardaí at Pearse Street Investigating         Telephone: 01 6669000   

Gardaí in Fitzgibbon Street are investigating a burglary that took place at a restaurant attached to an apartment block on Russell Street in Dublin on Christmas Day last year.

A large quantity of wine was stolen from the restaurant between 9pm and midnight. The raiders forced their way into the wine cellar and used a fork lift to remove over 3,000 bottles of wine. The wine is uniquely imported to Ireland to the restaurant and Gardaí are appealing to any one who is offered the wine to contact them immediately. 

Gardaí at Fitzgibbon Street Investigating             Telephone: 01 666 8400

Aengus, better known as ‘Gussie’ is the youngest in a family of four and lived with his parents Bob and Nancy at Ashrook, Ennis road, Limerick.  He was an employee of Dell, Castletroy, Limerick.  He has been missing from Limerick since 11th February 2000.

Gussie finished work on Friday afternoon 11th February 2000.  Family or friends had not seen or heard from him over that weekend and concern grew regarding his whereabouts.  When he did not return to work on Monday the 14th February 2000 his family reported him as a missing person to An Garda Siochana.

Inquiries have established that Gussie went to Coopers bar in St Joseph Street, Limerick with friends on that Friday afternoon.  He was due to stay that night with friends in St Joseph Street but did not do so.  It has been established that he left the bar on his own at 10.30pm and walked from there onto Carroll’s Row, which connects with Barrington Street.  That is the last sighting we have of Gussie.

Description: Height – 5ft 10ins, Build – thin, Weight – 10stone, Complexion – pale, Hair– fair hair cut short.

When last seen he was wearing blue jeans, black shoes and a navy top with lapels.  He has a three quarter length white and navy jacket which also had a thick red strip across the shoulders and down the back of each sleeve.  When last seen he was carrying this jacket in his hand.

Gardaí at Roxboro Road Investigating          Telephone:  061 214340

The Gardaí at Tallaght have launched a murder investigation following the discovery of Ken Fetherston’s remains at Military road in the Dublin Mountains on Saturday 31/1/2010.

Ken Fetherston, a 26 year old man had been missing since Tuesday, the 22nd September 2009. Ken was the father of a 3-year-old daughter and had worked as a coach driver prior to breaking his leg on holidays lasts August. He’s originally from the Tallaght area.

On Tues 22nd September 2009 at 8.30am he left his apartment at Tallaght Cross Hotel in his red Honda Civic. He then drove to Luke Lawlor’s Filling Station and bought 10euro of petrol. He drove to Landy’s garage ‘Hispec’ a panel shop located at Landy’s Industrial estate on the Knocklyon Road to get work done on his car.

On Saturday 26th September Ken’s friends found his car in a lay-by on the N11, near the Gorey bypass. The driver’s door was unlocked and there was no key in the car. Gardaí know that the car was abandoned there between 11pm on Tues 22nd and 10am on Wed 23rd. Ken’s mobile phone has not been used since 9.30am on Tues 22nd Sept.

On Saturday 31/1/2010 two people out walking at Military road in the Dublin Mountains discovered what they believed to be human remains. The remains were subsequently been identified as those of Kenneth Fetherston.

Gardaí at Tallaght Investigating                    Telephone: 01 666  6000

Sergeant Jim McAllister will be in studio to discuss driver behaviour on motorways. He will show examples of poor behaviour caught on camera by Garda Traffic Vehicles.