The Gardaí at Bray Garda Station are investigating an aggravated burglary that occurred at a house in Rocky Valley, Kilmacanoge, Co. Wicklow on Tuesday 31st March 2015.
Shortly after 9pm, the home owner was at home in the kitchen cleaning up after dinner. His wife had gone out for the evening. Two men entered the house through the front door and hit the man on the back of the head. The man fell to the floor and was bleeding from his head. One of the raiders pointed a gun at him and demanded money and valuables. The second raider placed a jacket under the man’s head. The raider with the gun searched the house and found some sterling notes. He received a phone call and told the second raider to bring the man into the sitting room. They placed a shirt and a towel over the man’s head so he couldn’t see their faces.
The raider who had the gun was now armed with a large kitchen knife. He cut the leg off the man’s trousers. They tied his hands and feet together with cable ties and left the house. A dark coloured BMW 1 Series car was seen nearby with one man in the driver’s seat.
• Gardai are appealing to anyone with information about this incident to come forward.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone in the Kilmancanoge area and may have seen suspicious activity or the BMW Series 1 car to come foward.
• The witness described these raiders as young, late teens or early twenties of slim to medium build. He was able to get a good look at their footwear and described them as below.
Gardaí at Bray Garda Station are investigating Telephone 01 6665300
The Gardaí at Drogheda Garda Station are investigating a burglary that occurred at a house in Cherrybrook Drive, Drogheda, Co. Louth on Friday 30th January 2015.
Shortly after 7pm, a woman, who had just arrived home and was upstairs trying on a dress she had bought for a party the following night, heard a knock at her front door.
The woman went downstairs to open the door and saw a man dressed in dark clothing standing at the door. This man did not speak to the woman. He immediately punched her in the face causing her to fall onto the ground. The man entered the house and put his hand over the woman’s mouth. He demanded money and threatened the woman. He dragged the woman into the sitting room where she managed to pull his hat off his head and got a good look at his face. The man dragged the woman upstairs to get her handbag and her bank card. The woman struggled with the man and scratched him. The man was sweating and beginning to get out of breath. He brought the woman downstairs and demanded the pin number for her bank account. The woman gave him a pin number and he wrote it on his hand. He pushed the woman onto the floor and tied her hands behind her back. He left through the front door. The woman managed to free herself and ran out the back door and over a wall into her Neighbours house to get help.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone who may be in a position to identify this man from the EVOfit compiled by the witness to come forward.
• The woman scratched the man somewhere on the man’s face or neck and bit him on the hand. Gardaí are appealing anyone with information to come forward.
• The woman finished work at 5pm and was in the Drogheda area, at a retail park on the Donore road and at the M1 Retail park for two hours before going home at 7pm. Gardaí are appealing to anyone with information about this incident to come forward.
• Gardaí are appealing to motorist in the Cherrybrook area on the evening of Friday 30th January between 7pm and 8pm to come forward.
Gardaí at Drogheda Garda Station are investigating Telephone 041 9874200
This month’s Crime Prevention segment was presented by Sergeant Kelvin Courtney who discussed the National Bike Week which ran from the 14th to 21st June 2015. Sergeant Courtney will offer advice to the public on how to keep your bike safe and how to prevent theft. Sergeant Courtney will also offer advice to the public in relation to the safety and prevention of theft from vehicles and vessels during the summer months.
Complete a B.I.K.E Card ( Bicycle Information Key Essentials) available here
Bicycles recovered by An Garda Síochána, where we cannot identify an owner, are regularly advertised here on the Garda Síochána Flickr website. As part of National Bike Week, Bikes from the following areas have recently been uploaded and we are appealing to those who have had their bikes robbed in these areas to view the website with a view to possible recovery.
Please click on Flickr to see all the bike in Garda Stations
The Gardaí at Kilkenny Garda Station are appealing for information in relation to the disappearance of thirty one year old Dean Roche. His last known address was Hebron Park in Kilkenny.
Dean Roche was last seen on the evening of Sunday 22nd March 2015 at Newpark, Ballyfoyle, Kilkenny. He is described as being 5’ 8’’ in height of slight build with green eyes and short brown hair. He was wearing a black zip up tracksuit top and bottoms with white runners.
Gardaí at Kilkenny Garda Station are investigating Telephone 056 7775000
Gardaí at Navan Garda Station are looking for information in relation to the disappearance of Elizabeth Clarke, (DOB 30/08/1989), who was reported missing from her home in January 2015.
Elizabeth lived in Claremount Estate with her partner and two young children. There has been no activity on her bank accounts and social welfare and there have been no sightings of her. Gardaí and her family have serious concerns for her safety and well being.
Gardaí at Navan Garda Station are investigating Telephone 046 9079930
The Gardaí at Kilkenny Garda Station are investigating the murder of forty four year old Gerry Nolan that occurred at Deerpark, Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny on Sunday the 23rd July 2006.
Gerry, who lived alone in a caravan at the rear of house at Deerpark, spent Sunday evening with friends at the Coalmines public house in the town. A group of them left there shortly after midnight and shared a taxi home. Gerry arrived home at approximately 12.50am. A short time later at approximately 1.05am, he rang a friend on his mobile phone. The call continued for almost twenty minutes until Gerry’s credit expired.
At 4am, Gerry’s brother Willie, who lived in a chalet situated directly behind Gerry’s caravan heard dogs barking. When he looked out his window, he saw a man passing by, heading in the direction of Gerry’s Caravan.
After a few minutes, Willie heard the sound of breaking glass and on looking out his window he noticed Gerry’s caravan on fire. Gerry’s brother tried to rescue him but unfortunately his attempts were unsuccessful
On the morning of Monday 24th July 2006, Gerry died as a result of injuries caused by the fire in his caravan.
• The investigation has recently been upgraded to a murder investigation. This is based on recent progress in the case and Gardaí are hoping that this appeal will result in further critical information coming into their possession.
• Gardaí are anxious to speak to any person(s) with knowledge of Gerry’s murder that may now assist the investigation.
• Gardaí are hopeful that due to the passage of time there may be person(s) whose circumstances or relationships may now have changed and that this will allow them to come forward.
• The Gardaí believe the key to solving Gerry’s murder lies within the local community and anyone coming forward with information will be treated in a sensitive manner.
Gardaí at Kilkenny Garda Station are investigating Telephone 056 7775000
On this month’s traffic segment, Garda Derek Cloughley offered advice to the public in relation to the danger of motorists breaking red traffic lights. Garda Derek Cloughley discussed examples of bad driving practices by motorists and the launch on the 4th of June of the first automated red light traffic camera on the LUAS tracks on Blackhall Place.
The initiative will see drivers break red lights automatically receive three penalty points and a fine.
The Gardaí at Blanchardstown Garda Station are looking for information on the current whereabouts of thirty three year old Vesel Jahiri. He has resided in Priorsgate, Louth Village, Dundalk, Co. Louth and formerly Lohunda Crescent, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
Gardaí at Blanchardstown Garda Station are investigating Telephone 01 6667000