The Gardaí at Blanchardstown are investigating an Aggravated Burglary that occurred at on Thursday 12th February 2015 at Hazlebury Green, Clonee at 8.55am.
An elderly woman was at home watching television when she answered a knock to the front door. Two men dressed in workmen’s clothing including a high visibility jacket confronted the woman. They covered her mouth with duct tape. The men searched the house looking for money. They left after several minutes and are believed to have left in a large silver/grey car.
Description of men:
• 25 to 30 years, medium height, medium build, normal face. He wore hi-viz jacket and dark coloured suit trousers. He is described as having an eastern European accent.
• Medium build and height - He wore a grey jacket with cream woolly hat.
• The public are asked to consider the description of the two men together with the EVO-fit image.
• The public may be able to identify the men based on the description and the possibility of them using a large silver/grey car.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone in the Hazlebury Green area between the hours of 8am and 9.30am on 12th February 2015 to come forward.
Blanchardstown Garda Station - 01 666 7000
The Gardaí at Carlow Garda Station are investigating a cash in transit robbery that occurred at a supermarket at Bagenalstown on Friday 23rd January 2015 at approximately 3pm.
The cash in transit van parked outside the supermarket to make a collection and delivery. Two men arrived in a dark coloured BMW 320 coupe with tinted windows. The car had a partial 08D registration number and had been stolen during the course of an Aggravated Burglary at Myshall on the 14th December 2014.
One of the men produced a long barrelled shotgun and pointed it the cash in transit employee. After taking the box the men left in the direction of Dunleckny, Leighlinbridge. They had travelled a few kilometres from the scene when the dye exploded at Harrow cross. The men were forced to discard the cashbox at the side of the road.
The BMW was later discovered in a field at Raheenleigh, just a few miles from Myshall. It had been destroyed by fire. The car’s registration is 07D26941.
The raider was described as tall, slim, dressed in dark clothing including balaclava and
gloves. He was carrying the shotgun. There is no description of the second man.
• Where was the BMW between 14th December and the 23rd January?
Did it refill with petrol? Gardaí are appealing to anyone with information about this car to come forward
• Gardaí believe that an aggravated Burglary at Rathoe, Co Carlow on the 1st December is related to the crimes at Myshall and Bagenalstown.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone in the vicinity of Myshall, Co Carlow on the 14th December and may have information to come forward.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone that may have seen the BMW and its occupants after it left the scene of the robbery at Bagenalstown and in particular being abandoned at Raheenleigh where it was set alight.
• Anyone who knows the identity of the men responsible for these crimes.
Carlow Garda Station - 059 913 6620
This month’s Crime Prevention segment was presented by Sergeant Kelvin Courtney who discussed recent trends and statistics, and offer advice to the public in relation to burglary and ‘fishing’ of keys.
Crime Prevention Leaflet for cars and jeeps is available here
On the 28th July 1998, 18-year-old college student Deirdre Jacob walked into Newbridge town. She was to start her second year of teacher training at St. Mary’s College in Strawberry Hill, London and was getting a bank draft to send to a college friend in London for their rent deposit.
She went to the bank to get the draft, the post office and then she visited her granny in her shop before heading home. She was last seen shortly after 3pm inside the gate of the family home outside Newbridge.
Despite intensive searches and appeals there has been no trace of Deirdre.
The Garda Serious Crime Review team have been taking a fresh look into this case and new information has surfaced which has given new investigation strands to pursue.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone who may have information in relation to the disappearance of Deirdre Jacob to come forward no matter how insignificant they may believe the information is, it may assist with the investigation.
The Serious Crime Review Team, National Bureau of Criminal Investigation has initiated a case review into disappearance of Deirdre Jacob. Anyone who has information to offer should contact the Serious Crime Review Team (01-6663444), Newbridge Garda Station (045-440180) the Garda Confidential line(1800 666 111).
The RSA have discovered that 4 out of 5 of our children’s car seats are not fitted correctly.
Crimecall visited the RSA on their ‘Check-it-Fits’ road show recently. The road show is a continual free service they offer around the country fifty weeks a year, to check child car seats fit the child and car correctly and offer advice on what to do.
We spoke to Professor Alf Nicholson, an expert in paediatrics and Dr. Ike Okafor, Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine of Temple Street Children’s University Hospital about the impact of collisions where children are not restrained correctly and Ron Richardson, Child Safety expert with the RSA offers practical guidelines.
Gardaí at Tallaght Garda Station are investigating Telephone 01 666 6000
There is a High Court bench warrant in existence for him.