Sergeant Courtney gave advice to motorists on how to keep themselves and their property safe.
Two major concerns for the Garda National Drugs Unit at this time are the dangerous effects of new psychoactive substances and the organised criminality relating to grow houses. Since 2007 cannabis in herbal form or ‘grass’ has for the most part, been domestically cultivated rather than imported. Since this time cannabis cultivation has become one a key features of organised criminality in Ireland. Cannabis cultivation sites or ‘Grow houses’ are now a real threat and Operation Nitrogen was set up to tackle Grow Houses across Ireland.
Gardaí at the Garda National Drugs Unit are investigating Telephone 016669900
Gardaí at Ardee Garda Station are appealing for information in relation to a fatal hit and run traffic collision that occurred in the early hours of Sunday the 11th May 2014.
Thirty five year old Keith Byrne was socialising with friends in an area known as Channonrock on Saturday evening. He left to walk to his home only a short distance away. A taxi driver passing discovered Keith’s body lying on the roadway. He was later pronounced dead. Keith’s father had to identify his son. He was buried last Friday the 16th May 2014 at Louth Village Cemetery.
• Gardaí are making a direct appeal to the driver of the vehicle involved in this fatal collision to come forward and they will be treated sensitively.
• Gardaí are reviewing CCTV from the area in the hope of developing this investigation and appealing to motorists who were in the area of Channonrock, Carnalogue and Monavallet between the 4.20am and 4.50am to come forward.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone with information in relation to this incident to come forward.
Gardaí at Adree Garda Station are investigating Telephone 041 685 3222
The Gardaí at Kevin Street Garda Station are continuing to investigate the disappearance of Stephan Corrigan, (DOB) 08/06/1963. Stephan was a resident at The Weir Home Hostel on Cork Street, Dublin 8. and failed to return there on Tuesday the 22nd November 2010.
Stephen Corrigan is now 50 years old, when last seen he was wearing a long brown winter coat. He is described as 5'11" in height, of medium build with long blonde hair. He has blue eyes. He suffers from mental health issues and has a tendency to withdraw himself from society and has been known to live on the streets. He has been known to frequent various locations including St. Anne’s Park, Palmerston Park, Mulhuddart and Glasnevin.
Mr. Corrigan has not come to the attention of Gardaí and all other enquiries up to now have been unsuccessful and his family is extremely concerned for his well being.
Gardaí at Kevin Street Garda Station are investigating Telephone 01 6669400
Gardaí at Ballymun Garda Station are appealing for information in relation to the murder of 48 year old John O’Regan who was shot dead on Tuesday, the 15th April 2014.
John lived in Ballymun with his partner and worked as a window cleaner. He had a daily routine that usually started at 8am. However on this particular day, John left his home later than usual. He cycled through Silloge Gardens and passed his grandsons crèche and waved at him. It is believed the gunman riding a bicycle was waiting nearby. He followed John onto Gateway Avenue and fired a number of shots at John, fatally wounding him.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone who was in the vicinity of Silloge Gardens, Gateway Avenue and Ballymun Road on the morning of 15th April 2014 between 08.00hrs and 08.50hrs and may have seen anything suspicious to come forward.
• Gardaí believe the gunman may have been waiting for John O’Regan in this area for some time before the murder. Gardaí are appealing to anyone who may have seen him to come forward.
• The gunman fled the scene on his bicycle and travelled onto the Ballymun road and crossed at the pedestrian crossing onto the city bound side of the road. He passed a number of people at the bus stop and was last spotted at the junction of Shanliss Road.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone who may have seen or recovered articles discarded by the gunman including the bicycle, a fluorescent jacket and a bag to come forward.
Tuesday the 15th of April was a bright spring morning. The schools were closed due to the Easter holidays, however there was still several people travelling through the area by bus, car, bicycle and on foot that may have seen something suspicious. Gardaí are anxious to speak to anyone who has yet to come forward with information.
Gardaí at Ballymun Garda Station are investigating Telephone 01 6664400
Gardaí at Clondalkin Garda Station are re-appealing for information in relation to the murder of 39 year old Jason Carroll who was shot outside his family home at Cherrywood in Clondalkin, Dublin 22 on the 29th August 2013 at approximately 10.30 pm.
Earlier that evening Jason visited his mother’s house at Harelawn estate. He left shortly after 10pm and travelled to his own house in Cherrywood, Clondalkin.
Jason parked on the roadway near his house and walked into the driveway. He was only a short distance from his front door when he was shot a number of times by a man armed with a handgun and fatally wounded.
The gunman ran from the driveway where he got into a Renault Clio bearing false registration plates 07 WW 2407. The correct registration of this car is 06 D 27115.The car was stolen during a burglary in Sandyford sometime between 23/9/2012 and 5/10/2012, some 11 months earlier.
• Gardaí investigating the murder of Jason Carroll on the 29th August 2013 at 20 Cherrywood Drive, Clondalkin have established that Jason drove to the Campus Oil Filling Station, Ashbourne on the night of his murder. He arrived there at 21.15hrs and was driving a 3 series BMW estate registration number 08D76244. He drove across the forecourt of the garage and parked up. At 21.19hrs, 4 minutes later, a 5 series BMW drove through the forecourt and parked beside Jason Carroll’s car. Jason got into the passenger side of this BMW and remained in the car for some time. Jason then drove from the forecourt to Dublin at 21.36hrs approx.
• The investigation team have also established that the car used in the murder, a red Renault Clio, registration number 06D27115 was parked at Herberton Apartments, St Anthonys Road, Dublin 8 for a number of weeks prior to the murder, while there it was fitted with false registration plates 07WW2407.
• Gardaí are appealing to the driver of the 5 series BMW car at Campus Oil in Ashbourne to come forward. Gardaí are also appealing to members of the public that may have any information in relation to the driver and/or user of this vehicle or any sightings of these cars at Campus Oil on the 29/08/13 to come forward.
• Gardaí are appealing for information in relation to the burglary and subsequent unauthorised taking of the Renault Clio. Gardaí are also looking for information in relation to the movements of this car especially around the Herberton Apartments in the weeks prior to the murder of Jason Carroll on the 29th August 2013.
Gardaí at Clondalkin Garda Station are investigating Telephone 01 6667600