Gardaí at Wicklow Garda Station are appealing for information in relation to an Aggravated Burglary that occurred in the early hours of Friday the 13th December 2013.
Four masked and armed raiders broke into the home of three elderly brothers in Ashtown Upper, Roundwood, Co.Wicklow. The three brothers were threatened and assaulted as the raiders searched the house for cash.
The raiders made their getaway in a green BMW in the direction of Roundwood Village.
• A witness on their way to work at 6am saw a green BMW parked outside the house. Gardaí are appealing to anyone who may have seen this car in the area before or after this incident to come forward.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone who may recognise the CD Fit compiled by one of the brothers to come forward.
Gardaí at Wicklow Garda Station are investigating Telephone 0404 60140
On this months Crime Prevention segment Sergeant Kelvin Courtney was in studio and discussed cyber bullying. Because cyber bullying can be so far reaching, it can greatly impact its victims. Victims have to live with the knowledge that anyone anywhere may be seeing a humiliating picture of them or reading derogatory comments about them.
Sergeant Courtney discussed this issue in more detail and gave tips and advice on the warning signs to look out for.
Gardaí at Tullamore Garda Station are re-appealing for information into the disappearance of 25 year old Fiona Pender who was last seen in August, 1996.
Fiona was living in the Church Street area of the town with her partner. She was seven and a half months pregnant. Fiona’s family were looking forward to the arrival of her baby following the tragic death of her older brother Mark, the previous year.
Fiona’s mother Josephine and her brother John have searched for her for over seventeen years.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone with information in relation to the disappearance of Fiona Pender to come forward.
• Gardaí are hopeful that with the passage of time, some people may now be in a position to come forward and assist with the investigation.
Gardaí at Tullamore Garda Station are investigating Telephone 057 9327600
Gardaí at Athlone Garda Station are appealing for information in relation to a fraud incident that occurred at Wildhunter, Golden Island, Athlone. The shop sells products for outdoor activities. A man, who stated he worked for a company in the UK, contacted the shop and placed an order over the phone for outdoor battery packs to the value of over €6000. He informed the staff that a woman would collect the items. Staff gave this woman the items and attempted to contact the man for payment but failed to do so.
Esra left her home in Collinstown Grove, Clondalkin at around 7.15am that morning in the family car. She told her husband she was going to the shop and would be back within a few moments. Her husband was looking after their two year old son. Esra never returned home and her car was recovered later that evening in a car park in Bray.
Gardaí at Clondalkin Garda Station are investigating Telephone 01 6667600
Gardaí at Edenderry are appealing for information in relation to the murder of sixty four year old Thomas Dooley.
Thomas Dooley was found dead in his home at Senan Court, Edenderry, Co. Offaly on Sunday the 16th of February. Following a post mortem the investigation was upgraded to a murder investigation.
Tom was captured on CCTV footage from a local shop on Monday the 10th of February and the next day he received his meal from the local meals on wheels service. This was the last day Tom was seen alive.
Gardaí are appealing to anyone with information in relation to this murder to come forward.
Gardaí at Edenderry Garda Station are investigating Telephone 046 9731290
On the 6th December last an armed robbery occurred at a post office in Duke Street, Athy. It was 9.20am and the post office was busy with customers.
Outside, two men pulled up on a motorcycle registration number 07D33351 and met with a third man on the street. The driver of the motorcycle remained outside as the two other raiders entered the post office. One of the raiders was wearing a motorcycle helmet and was armed with a gun, he threatened staff and customers. The second raider went behind the counter and demanded cash. He put the cash into a holdall bag.
The man on the motorcycle drove off leaving the raiders at the post office. The raiders then hijacked a car from a woman at gun point on Duke Street.
• A witness saw two men wearing motorcycle helmets walking towards a silver Toyota car about 1km outside the town at Farmhill before the raid. This car travelled in the direction of the town. Gardaí are appealing to anyone with information on this car to come forward.
• The motorcycle was later recovered in a field at Farmhill. The registration number of the motorcycle is 07D33351 and was stolen during a burglary from Weavers Hall, The Gallops, Sandyford on Wednesday the 16th April 2013. Gardaí are appealing to anyone with information on the whereabouts of this motorcycle between the months April to December to come forward.
Gardaí at Athy Garda Station are investigating Telephone 059 8634210
On this month’s traffic segment Garda Derek Cloughley was in studio to focus on commercial driving and driving for work. It's estimated that up to 30% of collisions involve someone who is driving in connection with work, whether it be a sales rep or a heavy goods vehicle driver amongst others.
Garda Cloughley highlighted this by showing some footage capturing commercial drivers making mistakes including an actual collision