The Gardaí at Naas Garda Station are investigating an Aggravated Burglary that occurred at Allenwood South, Co Kildare, on Sunday, the 22nd September.
At approximately 6am a couple and their two young children aged seven and six years old were in bed in their home when their house alarm activated. At first believing it was set off by their dog moving around, the husband deactivated the alarm. The husband heard a noise coming from downstairs and went down to investigate. He went into the kitchen and turned on the lights, he heard a shuffling noise coming from the utility room. He opened the utility room door and was confronted by two masked men. The husband and the men struggled with each other, the husband held onto the door, one of the raiders demanded the handbags that were on the kitchen counter. The husband shouted upstairs to his wife to call the Gardaí.
As the struggle continued the husband grabbed the handbags off the counter and gave them to the raiders and fled the scene to a waiting car nearby.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone in the Allenwood South area during the early hours of Sunday 22nd September to come forward.
• The men took two ladies bags from the house. A royal blue ladies bag and a black Calvin Klein.
• The raiders had a car parked nearby did anyone see this vehicle or any other vehicle acting suspiciously in the area?
• The raiders had to have local knowledge, did you see anyone acting suspiciously in the area in the days and weeks prior to the 22nd September.
Description of Raiders:
Raider 1: Between five foot eight inches in height and five foot ten inches, aged 30’s / 40’s, wearing dark woolly gloves, three hole balaclava, over-sized mouth with 2 days of dark stubble around the mouth, navy padded jacket cloth material sleeveless. (Logo on left lapel can be seen on footage).
Raider 2: Between five foot five inches and five foot six inches in height, smaller of the two, slight build, black Adidas peaked baseball cap, red and white scarf wrapped carefully around the lower half of his face.
Gardaí at Naas Garda Station are investigating Telephone 045 884300
At approximately 4.30am four armed men arrived at the service station in a silver Audi A6 Saloon Car. This car was fitted with a false registration number - OV08 WKF.
One of the raiders took up position as lookout on the main road, while the remainder forced their way into the shop and stole cigarettes, alcohol and cash. A young woman on her way home from a party, was driving passed the garage and saw the raiders in the forecourt of the garage. As she slowed down to take a look, the lookout raider threw a brick at her window smashing it.
The owner of the service station, responding to the alarm activation, arrived at the garage and was confronted by the lookout raider who threatened him. The owner then left and immediately contacted the Gardaí.
Gardaí arrived at the service station and the gang made their getaway with the patrol car in pursuit. The raiders pulled in at the side of the road and pointed, what appeared to be a firearm, out the car window at the Gardaí. The Gardaí continued in their pursuit of the car, as it travelled at high speed with the lights out, weaving through narrow country roads, the last sighting of this vehicle was in the village of Killyon.
Gardaí are also investigating two other similar incidents that occurred earlier in the night both in Kingscourt and Castlepollard.
The Gardaí at Kingscourt are investigating a burglary that occurred at local shop in the town shortly after 2am. During the burglary the front door of the shop was prised open and entry was gained to the store. The front window was broken and a quantity of cigarettes taken.
Later that morning at 3.30am at least four men driving a dark coloured Audi A6/A8 arrived at a supermarket in Castlepollard, Co Westmeath. On this occasion a quantity of cigarettes were stolen. All the men wore dark clothing with their heads and faces covered. One man wore an old Liverpool type adidas jacket with the word ‘Carlsberg’ written under the collar.
Gardaí at Trim Garda Station are investigating Telephone 046 9481540
The Gardaí at Mountjoy Garda Station are investigating a robbery from the person and an unlawful seizure of a vehicle that occurred on Tuesday, the 2nd October 2012 at Temple Street, Dublin 1.
Between 9pm and 9.15pm a woman was parking her car, a red Mercedes Benz, registration number 08 D 72887, on Temple Street. Once parked the woman got out of her car and went to the boot to get something from it. As she was closing the boot, a male approached her from across the road and immediately threatened her. The woman was pushed to the ground and the man grabbed her handbag and car keys from her. He immediately got into her car and drove at speed in the direction of Great Denmark Street.
This man is described as being in his late twenties or early thirties, five foot six inches in height and spoke with a Dublin accent.
Gardaí at Mountjoy Garda Station are investigating Telephone 01 666 8600
The Gardaí at Birr Garda Station are appealing for information in relation to the disappearance of thirty two year old Michal Wisniewski who is missing since the 23rd March 2012.
Michal originally from Poland, was last seen on Newbridge Street, Birr Town at approximately 2.15pm on Friday, the 23rd March walking towards his home at Riverside Apartments, Birr, Co. Offaly.
Michal is five foot ten inches in height of slim build, with short dark hair, he was captured on CCTV at a post office in the town on the day he went missing.
• Gardaí are appealing to Michal, if he is still resident in Ireland to make contact with Birr Garda station or any Garda Station.
• Gardaí are appealing to members of the Public who may recognise Michal as someone living in there area or frequenting premises they might be employed in, to make contact.
• Gardaí are also to appealing to Bus and Lorry drivers, Taxi’s or Hackney’s who may have carried Michal about late March, early April 2012, in the Birr area, or any part of the country.
• Any member of the Polish Community in Birr, who may have information, no matter how insignificant they might think it is, to come forward to Gardaí.
Gardaí at Birr Garda Station are investigating Telephone 057 9169710
Gardaí at Kilkenny Garda Station are re-appealing for information in relation to the murder of seventy nine year old Nancy Smyth in 1987.
Nancy’s body was discovered after a fire in her home on Wolfe Tone Street, Kilkenny in the early hours of the 11th September 1987. The post mortem revealed that Nancy had been murdered before the fire broke out.
Nancy was dropped home by the owner of the Kilkenny House public house, were she had spent the evening socialising. At 1am a man was seen standing at the front door of the house arguing with Nancy. Shortly after 5am the alarm was raised when a passer-by saw smoke coming from Nancy’s house.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone who has information that may assist them in their investigation to come forward.
• If you made a statement to Gardaí in 1987 and have any new information or information that you forgot to include, to contact them now.
Gardaí at Kilkenny Garda Station are investigating Telephone 056 777 5000
Gardaí at Shannon Garda Station are appealing for information in relation to the murder of Robert Sheehan that occurred in the early hours of Sunday, the 2nd September 2012.
At approximately 3.45am twenty one year old Robert Sheehan was shot and fatally wounded outside the Bunratty Castle Hotel in County Clare. Robert was attending his older brother’s wedding when two men dressed in dark clothing, drove into the car park and shot him several times.
The gunmen left in a large dark coloured car towards the Shannon / Clonmoney areas.
The following day, Monday, the 3rd September, Robert Sheehan died at the Midwestern Regional Hospital in Limerick.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone in the vicinity of the Bunratty area between 6pm on Saturday, the 1st September and 3.45am on Sunday, the 2nd September to come forward.
• A large dark coloured car was used by the gunmen, this car exited the car park in a westerly direction towards Shannon /Clonmoney.
• A Crime stoppers reward exists for information critical to the investigation.
• Any delivery vans or employees of various outlets that were open for business in the early hours of Sunday morning should come forward with any information they may have.
• Information on those responsible for this murder or any other information that may assist the investigation.
Gardaí at Shannon Garda Station are investigating Telephone 061 365900
The Gardaí at Clonmel Garda Station are appealing for information in relation to the murder of 29 year old Shane Rossiter who was shot dead on Tuesday morning, the 17th October 2012.
At approximately 6.30am Gardaí found Shane lying in the doorway of a house in Church Lane, Golden, Clonmel. He had been shot and was immediately removed to hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
• Gardaí are appealing for anyone who noticed or heard anything suspicious in the vicinity of Main Street/Church Lane in Golden Village between the hours of 0400hrs and 0700hrs on Wednesday, the 17th October 2012.
• Did anyone in the area between these times notice a large black four door saloon type car?
• On Wednesday evening, the 17th October 2012 a dark saloon type car was reported burnt out in an area known as the Nire Valley, Clonmel. Did anyone in that area, see anything suspicious or the car being parked.
• Did anyone see a large black four door saloon type car between Golden Village/Clonmel/Nire Valley on the 17th October 2012?
Gardaí at Tipperary Town Garda Station are investigating Telephone 062 80670