Gardaí at Baltinglass Garda Station are investigating an aggravated burglary that occurred on Tuesday 19th November at approximately 5.25pm in the town centre.
The injured party was at home watching television, when four masked men entered her house by forcing the front door, once inside they demanded money and ransacked a number of rooms.
The men fled the scene taking a box containing personal items and made their getaway into a Silver Audi (3 Door).
- Any witnesses in the area on the night of the incident to come forward
- Any persons with dashcam footage who passed through Baltinglass that evening.
- Any service stations where a similar vehicle refuelled with petrol/diesel
- Any recent sightings of a silver coloured Audi with a number of men on board, possibly driving in a dangerous manner.
Gardaí at Baltinglass Garda Station are investigating tel: (059) 648 2610
Gardaí at Naas Garda Station are investigating an aggravated burglary that occurred in Waters Edge, Oldtown Demense, Naas, Co. Kildare on Monday 2nd September 2019 at approximately 9.30pm.
The injured parties were at home settling in for the evening when four masked and armed men entered their apartment by forcing open the front door. The men approached the injured parties, grabbed hold of them and threatened them. The men searched the apartment and removed jewellery from the victims and stole a storage box containing personal documents.
The men fled to a dark coloured BMW 3 series where there was a fifth man driving. This car had a very distinctive loud exhaust.
- Anyone in the Oldtown Demnse area on the evening of September 2nd to come forward.
- Anyone who may have seen this car with approximately 5 men on board, this car is fitted with a loud exhaust.
- The jewellery stolen is very distinctive and unique to the Indian culture, Gardaí are appealing to anyone who may have been offered this jewellery to come forward.
Gardaí at Naas Garda Station are investigating tel: (045) 884 300
On this month’s Crimecall programme the Garda Commissioner was in studio to give an overview of the year from a policing perspective.
The Commissioner addressed a number of topics, including, the policing challenges Brexit is going to pose to our ports and border, the recent challenges faced in policing the border by both police services, the effect that recent Garda restructuring will have on rural policing, how the Gardaí deal with domestic abuse, Garda reform and improvements in the organisation including culture change.
Finally the Commissioner aimed to offer reassurance to the public in terms of roads safety and safety within communities.
Gardaí at Buncrana Garda Station are investigating an aggravated burglary that occurred on the evening of Saturday 26th October 2019, at approximately 7.30pm in Malin, Co. Donegal.
Four men armed with crow bars entered a family home and threatened the occupants before making off with a sum of cash.
A detailed EVOFIT was compiled of one of the suspects who was described as approximately five foot ten inches in height, mid-thirties age group and large build with short dark hair.
Gardaí at Buncrana Garda Station are investigating tel: (074) 932 0540
Gardaí at Carlow Garda Station are investigating an aggravated burglary that occurred on the Tullow Road on Saturday 19th October 2019 at approximately 8.50pm.
The victims were at home when they were confronted by armed men who gained entry to the house through the rear door. One of the victims was struck on the head with a hammer by one of the suspects.
The suspects fled the scene in what Gardaí believe was a small blue car.
Detailed EVOFIT’s were compiled of the suspects.
Gardaí at Carlow Garda Station are investigating tel: (059) 913 6620
Gardaí at Mullingar Garda Station are assisting the Spanish Police with their investigation into the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of thirty three year old Peter Wilson originally from Rochfordbridge, Co. Westmeath.
Peter travelled to Tenerife, Spain on Friday 22nd March 2019 at approximately 5.40pm via a Ryanair flight from Dublin Airport for a week’s holiday.
He checked into the Malibu Park Hotel, Costa Adeja, Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
Peter went into the nearby town, Playa De Las Americas on the Saturday morning (23rd) to watch the Ireland-v-Gibraltar soccer match in a local pub that morning.
Peter returned to his hotel in the afternoon before getting a taxi back into Playa De Las Americas later that evening. Peter was last seen close to where the taxi dropped him off in the centre of Playa De Las Americas.
Peter did not return to the hotel and his personal belongings including his passport remained in his hotel room. Peter had his mobile phone and wallet with him.
Peter’s family are extremely concerned for his safety and wellbeing and have travelled to Tenerife several times to assist the Spanish Authorities in their search for him.
- Gardaí are appealing to anyone who was on the same flight to Tenerife as Peter to contact them if they have not already done so.
- Gardaí are appealing to any holiday makers, tourists, residents in the Playa De Las Americas area who may have seen or interacted with Peter to contact them.
- Gardaí have not yet identified the taxi driver who collected Peter from his hotel on Saturday evening (23/03/19) and brought him into the main square. Gardaí are appealing to him to contact them.
- Gardaí are liaising with the Spanish Police to assist them in their search for Peter.
Gardaí at Mullingar Garda Station are investigating tel: (044) 938 4000
Gardaí at Strokestown Garda Station are investigating the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of thirty year old Lithuanian national Tomas Martinkus who has not been seen since Wednesday 19th December 2018 in Forgehill estate, Strokestown, Co. Roscommon.
Tomas was last seen at around 5am on the 19th when he went to bed, he was gone at around 8.45am, presumably having left for work.
Tomas was living and working in the Strokestown area for the last two years, previous to this he resided in Dungannon, Northern Ireland.
He is described as being five foot nine inches tall of slight build with brown hair and blue eyes. It is believed he was wearing a dark hooded top with dark pants/tracksuits bottoms.
Gardaí are seeking the public’s assistance in relation to his disappearance and are appealing to anyone in the Forgehill estate or the Strokestown area on the morning of 19th December 2018 that may have given Tomas a lift or may have seen him since this date to get in touch.
Gardaí are very concerned for his safety and well-being.
Gardaí at Strokestown Garda Station are investigating tel: (071) 963 3002
Gardaí at Castlebar Garda Station are continuing to investigate the murder of 29 year old, Owen Maughan who was shot and fatally wounded on Wednesday the 18th December 2013.
Owen and his wife Anne lived at a Halting Site nearby. They were married for eight years and had a very close relationship. Early on the morning of the 18th of December, Owen and Anne headed into town to run a few errands. Later that afternoon they went home and Anne prepared lunch. Owen left to go to a nearby service station to fill up some water canisters.
While Owen was at the service station, a grey BMW estate car drove into the forecourt. The front seat passenger shot Owen and fatally injured him. The BMW drove out of the forecourt at speed and travelled in the direction of Claremorris.
Owen was brought to hospital by ambulance but lost his fight for life that evening.
- Gardaí are appealing to anyone with information about this murder to come forward.
- The BMW Estate car was stolen from the Clarion Hotel, Dublin Airport, Co. Dublin on the 6th of December. Gardaí believe this vehicle was in the Dublin area for some time after this and would have refuelled a number of times. Gardaí are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
- The registration of the car is 06G3981. The car was fitted with cloned registration plates, this number was 09D30024.
- This car travelled out the Claremorris road and was discovered two days later at Derryvohey. It had been destroyed by fire.
- Gardaí are appealing to anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area to come forward.
Gardaí at Castlebar Garda Station are investigating tel: (094) 903 8200
Gardaí at Finglas Garda Station are continuing to investigate the murder of twenty nine year old, father of one, Vincent Maher, who was fatally assaulted in his home at Springmount Apartments, Wellmount Road, Finglas in the early hours of 11th January 2014.
Vincent had a party in his apartment with a small number of people, during the night, an altercation occurred, Vincent was assaulted and died as a result of his injuries.
An extensive murder investigation was launched and a number of people have been arrested, but so far no prosecutions have been brought.
Vincent’s mother and father made a heartfelt emotional appeal for information on Crimecall this month, as they approached his six year anniversary.
- Gardaí appealed to the persons who were present in Vincent’s apartment on the 11th January 2014 for information.
- Gardaí appealed to the community in Finglas who might be aware and were informed of what happened at the party that night.
- Gardaí have spoken to all persons that were present at the party that night during the initial stages of the investigation.
- Anyone with information to come forward and speak to Gardaí, in order to give justice for Tina and Terry Maher and their family.
Garda at Finglas Garda Station are investigating tel: (01) 666 7500
On this month’s Crimecall Superintendent Edward Golden was in studio to discuss the Christmas Campaign in terms of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs specified the length of time some substances remain in the system.
Superintendent Golden also provided an update on the Clancy Amendment which has been operational for a year now targeting unaccompanied learner drivers and how this amendment improves road safety.