Our website uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to collect information about how you use this site to improve our service to you. By not accepting cookies some elements of the site, such as video, will not work. Please visit our Cookie Policy page for more information on how we use cookies.

Where can I get help to support family members with substance misuse?

Useful Websites 

www.health.gov.ie - Department of Health

www.hse.ie - Health Service Executive

www.drugs.ie – Drugs and Alcohol Information and Support managed by the HSE National Social Inclusion Office

www.hrb.ie/home/ - Health Research Board

www.dtcb.ie/home/default.asp - HSE National Drug Treatment Centre

www.emcdda.europa.eu/ - European monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction

Useful Phone Numbers 

  • HSE Drugs and Alcohol helpline 1800 459 459
  • HSE National Drug Treatment Centre  01 6488600
  • Merchants Quay Project 01 5240160

A comprehensive directory of alcohol, drugs and related services is also available at local health promotion offices.  

The ‘Drug Related Intimidation Reporting Programme’ has been developed to respond to the needs of drug users and family members experiencing drug related intimidation. If you or someone you know is experiencing drug-related intimidation, there is help and support available. Further information is available here.