The media are invited to attend the launch of the Supporting Safer Communities Campaign by Assistant Commissioner Jack Nolan at the Garda stand at 12 midday on Thursday 28th May.
The campaign aims to raise awareness on how people they can protect their homes from burglary.
As part of the campaign, the public are being encouraged to take the Home Security Checklist Challenge, which is available on www.garda.ie.
The Home Security Checklist Challenge is accompanied by a short video providing tips from the National Crime Prevention Unit on home security, which is available on the Garda Press Office YouTube channel.
The top five tips contained with the checklist challenge are to:
1. Secure all doors and windows
2. Light up your home, use timer switches when out
3. Store Keys safely and away from letterboxes and windows
4. Record details of valuables & don’t keep large cash amounts at home
5. Use your alarm, even when at home
The checklist challenge and crime prevention advice is available at www.garda.ie
Supporting Safer Communities Campaign runs from May 28th to June 3rd inclusive.
The Garda YouTube channel is www.youtube.com/user/GardaPressOffice