Limerick Garda Youth Awards 2015
Limerick Gardai in association with Garveys SuperValu Newcastle West and Corbally Limerick are pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Limerick Garda Youth Awards for 2015.
An Garda Síochána recognise that a lot of good work is being done by young people in every community in Limerick and awards will be considered for nominated young people who by their presence make their communities a better place to live in.
There will be eight awards:
4 overall award winners
1 award winner from each of the four Garda districts within the Limerick division (Bruff, Newcastle West, Henry Street and Roxboro Road.)
The Limerick Garda Youth Awards for 2015 in association with Garveys Supervalue and Centra will be presented at a gala dinner in the Woodlands House Hotel on Thursday 26th November 2015
The nomination process is open to everyone, so if you know of a young person who is committed to making a difference to their community, please put them forward, as every nominee will receive a certificate, even if they do not win an award. This way, all nominees are recognised for their efforts, and the certificate is a very valuable item to have on a young person’s CV into the future.
The closing date for receipt of nominations is Friday 30th October 2015.
Rules of the competition:
1. Awards are confined to young people who are not more that 19 years and not less than 14 years on 1st July 2015.
2. Nominees must be living within the Limerick Garda Division.
3. Awards are open to individuals and groups.
4. Any member of the public including family members or relatives may nominate anyone whom they feel deserves an award.
5. Forms must be signed by nominator and co nominator.
6. Judges decision is final.
Application forms are now available at all local Garda stations and in the Supervalu store in Corbally and Centra store in Newcastle West.
The application form is also available to download from the link on the right and www.garveygroup.ie.
Further details can also be got from the Juvenile Liaison Office Mayorstone Garda station, Limerick at 061 456986
Meath Garda Youth Awards
Meath Garda Division in association with Centra are pleased to announce the inaugural Meath Garda Youth Awards for 2015. The Gardai and Centra recognise that a lot of good work is being done by young people in every community throughout County Meath. Awards will be considered for nominated young people who by their activities make their communities a better place to live, or who have shown great determination in their own lives.
1. Awards are confined to those young people who are between 13 and 21 years of age.
2. Permanent residence of the young person must be within the Meath Garda Division.
3. Awards are confined to individuals and groups of two or more young people
4. Judges decision is final
5. Any member of the public including Gardai may nominate anyone whom they feel deserves an award.
6. Nominations may come from family members or relative
1. Overall Awards
2. District Awards one in each of the four Garda Districts
3. Group Award- this award applies to groups of two or more young people whose combined efforts have contributed positively to their communities
4. Special Achievement Award – this category is open to any young person who has defied the odds, or overcome difficult circumstances and whose commitment deserves recognition.
5. Outstanding Contribution to Youth Award – this category is for an adult, mentor, trainer whose commitment deserves recognition.
Each person nominated will receive a Certificate of Nomination.
The overall winners will receive their awards at a Gala dinner in the Headfort Hotel, Kells on Wednesday 11th November 2015.
For further information contact:
Garda Catherine Cronin, JLO Navan Garda Station
Garda Michael English, JLO Ashbourne Garda Station
Garda Pat Farley, JLO Trim Garda Station
Closing date for entries 9th October 2015
Inaugural Clare Garda Division Youth Awards.
It is with great pleasure that we announce the Inaugural Clare Garda Division Youth Awards. An Garda Síochána in Co Clare in association with Shannon Airport are aware that young people are carrying out excellent work in the communities and should be recognised for same. The awards will be held on the 3rd December 2015 at the Treacy’s West County Hotel, Ennis, Co Clare.
The purpose of these awards is to recognise the positive and valuable contribution of young people to their communities in the Clare Garda Division