EXTERNAL EMERGENCY PLANS
Extenal Emergency Plan
In accordance with this legislation a public consultation process must occur. As part of this public consultation process we welcome your observations about the Draft External Emergency Plan.
• Your comments will be considered and will inform the development of the final plan.
• You can make general comments or highlight specific issues you deem appropriate.
• The Plans can be viewed at a number of locations.
• The draft plan will not be available for photocopying or removal.
• Viewers will be requested to complete a ‘Record of Viewers’ form.
• Feedback forms will be available to you to make a submission.
• An information leaflet which gives an overview of the plan will be available.
The Chemicals Act (Control of Major Accident Hazards involving Dangerous Substances) Regulations 2015 (S. I. No. 209 of 2015) requires An Garda Síochána, the Health Service Executive and Local Authorities (Fire Services) to prepare an External Emergency Plan. The plan deals with the effects off-site and the emergency response on site, in the event of a major accident at sites designated as ‘Upper-Tier Seveso Sites’. In accordance with Section 16 (6) of S. I. no. 209 of 2015 a public consultation process must occur.
The plans will be available for viewing for a limited time. If you wish to view the locations where the draft external emergency plan for specific sites listed below can be viewed please click on the relevant link below.
Plans currently under Public Consultation