We use cookies on this website. By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device.

What is a court order?

A court may order an offender to pay compensation to a victim as part of a criminal case. A victim may take a civil case for compensation against an offender. It is up to the victim and their legal team to take this case. When making an award, the Tribunal has to deduct any money paid to the victim by the offender.

Further information may be obtained by contacting the Secretary at the address or telephone number below:

Criminal Injuries Compensation Tribunal

Second Floor Montague Court

7-11 Montague Street

Dublin 2

D02 FT96

Phone: +353 1 476 8670

Fax: +353 1 476 8616

Email: criminalinjuries@justice.ie