Instructions for Completing the Online Declaration
Thank you for using our Online Declaration. Please read the following carefully:
NOTE: If any of the following examples apply DO NOT USE THIS ONLINE DECLARATION, instead contact your local Garda Station. Only phone 999 or 112 in an emergency:
- Burglary or attempted burglary to your home or commercial business;
- Your vehicle was stolen, or someone attempted to steal your vehicle;
- Robbery of property from a person where the suspect takes property by force or threat of force;
- Any type of violent crime;
- Stolen firearm.
DO NOT complete this declaration if you have already declared the theft of the property to An Garda Síochána.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list please read the following to see if the online declaration is right for you:
Completing the Online Declaration
- All mandatory fields are marked with ‘*’
- Provide full details of how we can contact you. Especially important is a contact telephone number and a time when you will be at that number.
- Complete all information fully. Failure to provide sufficient information may delay the processing and the investigation of the theft of the property.
- When you have completed all fields of this declaration you will have the option to Print the details.
- Please check your details before you submit your declaration. Once you have submitted the declaration you will NOT be able to return to view or change any of your details or print a copy.
- Once you have successfully completed and submitted the declaration, a confirmation message will be displayed, confirming that your declaration has been submitted.If you have completed and submitted a declaration, DO NOT submit another declaration about the same theft of property.
- You may only declare the theft of property that has occurred within Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland)
Knowingly providing false information may lead to prosecution: