The Gardaí at Carlow Garda Station are investigating a cash in transit robbery that occurred at a supermarket at Bagenalstown on Friday 23rd January 2015 at approximately 3pm.
The cash in transit van parked outside the supermarket to make a collection and delivery. Two men arrived in a dark coloured BMW 320 coupe with tinted windows. The car had a partial 08D registration number and had been stolen during the course of an Aggravated Burglary at Myshall on the 14th December 2014.
One of the men produced a long barrelled shotgun and pointed it the cash in transit employee. After taking the box the men left in the direction of Dunleckny, Leighlinbridge. They had travelled a few kilometres from the scene when the dye exploded at Harrow cross. The men were forced to discard the cashbox at the side of the road.
The BMW was later discovered in a field at Raheenleigh, just a few miles from Myshall. It had been destroyed by fire. The car’s registration is 07D26941.
The raider was described as tall, slim, dressed in dark clothing including balaclava and
gloves. He was carrying the shotgun. There is no description of the second man.
• Where was the BMW between 14th December and the 23rd January?
Did it refill with petrol? Gardaí are appealing to anyone with information about this car to come forward
• Gardaí believe that an aggravated Burglary at Rathoe, Co Carlow on the 1st December is related to the crimes at Myshall and Bagenalstown.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone in the vicinity of Myshall, Co Carlow on the 14th December and may have information to come forward.
• Gardaí are appealing to anyone that may have seen the BMW and its occupants after it left the scene of the robbery at Bagenalstown and in particular being abandoned at Raheenleigh where it was set alight.
• Anyone who knows the identity of the men responsible for these crimes.
Carlow Garda Station - 059 913 6620