The Gardaí at Cabra Garda Station are investigating the murder of thirty three year old Darren Kearns who was fatally wounded in the car park of a public house on Blackhorse Avenue, Dublin 7 on Wednesday 30th December 2015.
Darren and his wife decided to go for an early evening meal and left their home at Ashtown in Dublin at approximately 3.30pm. Darren drove his wife’s car, a two door white Fiat 500. They had tried a couple of restaurants in and around the area, but they were closed. Their journey took them along Collins Avenue, Drumcondra where they decided to turn around outside Dublin City University and drive to a restaurant at Finglas which was also closed. They went to a service station at Clearwater Shopping Centre in Finglas where Darren purchased petrol.
After leaving the service station they decided to try a well known Chinese restaurant next to Cumiskey’s Public House on Blackhouse Avenue arriving here at approximately 4.45pm. Darren and his wife had their meal and left the restaurant just after 5.30pm. Darren’s wife was now driving. As they drove towards the exit a light coloured green 5 Series BMW M series, registration number 04D35151, entered the car park from the Baggott Road entrance and blocked their way. At this point a man appeared running beside the BMW carrying a firearm. He approached the couple’s car and fired at the victim.
The BMW exited onto Baggott road with the suspect getting into the rear drivers door. The car turned left onto Blackhorse Ave and drove at speed to Regal Park, where it turned left before being abandoned and set alight in a laneway there.
A man left the same laneway and ran to a waiting car. This car had its lights off and turned right at speed onto Blackhorse Avenue. It continued on Blackhorse Avenue before turning right onto Skreen road. The car then turned from Skreen road onto the Navan road.
• The car used in connection with this murder is a 5 series BMW M series, 4 door, light green, bearing its correct registration 04D35151. The car was purchased from a car buyer’s website on the 28th October 2015.The person who purchased the car supplied false details.
• Where was this car between 28th October and 30th December 2015.
• Any sighting of the couple in the white fiat 500 from the time they left their home at Ashtown (3.30pm approx.), until they arrived at the pub (4.45pm approx.)
• Sightings of the BMW after the shooting, especially at Regal Park where the car was abandoned and a man ran to a waiting car.
• Sightings of the car that left Regal Park at speed and drove without headlights at speed and turned right from Blackhorse Avenue onto Skreen road. Where did this car go after it turned onto the Navan Road.
• Do you have any information relating to the person(s) responsible for Darren’s murder?
Gardaí at Cabra Garda Station are investigating telephone 016667400