Connaught Football Championship Finals on the 15/7/12
On Sunday 15th July 2012 the following event takes place at Dr. Hyde Park Roscommon -
Stiles Opening: 11.00hrs
12.00 noon Roscommon V Mayo (Minor Connaught Final)
14.00 pm Mayo V Sligo (Senior Connaught final)
Finish Time (approx): 15.45 pm
Expected Attendance: 25,000
Patrons Travelling to Dr Hyde Park:
All patrons travelling to DR Hyde Park for the event are advised to utilise public transport. Roscommon Town (Dr Hyde Park stadium) is serviced by bus, train. Patrons who travel by road are advised to travel early to avail of the parking facilities.
There are eighteen unsupervised car parks available in the vicinity of Dr Hyde Park. (Approx 2000 spaces)
1. On the south-east side of the N61 Circular Road and on the south side of Roscommon County Council Arts Centre and on the west and north sides of the Council building in the townland of Ballypheasan
2. On the north side of the L7045 Athlone Road and the south west side of the L7044 Brogan’s Lane in the townland of Ballypheasan
3. On the east side of the R366 Castle Street in the townland of Ballypheasan.
4. On the south-west and north-east sides of the LS7042 at the Sacred Heart Church and the Convent Primary School in the townland of Ardnanagh.
5. On the east side of Henry Street L7035, and south side of Church Street L7046 in the townland of Ballypheasan
6. On the south-east side of part of the N61 Circular Road between the N61 Athlone Road and the N63 Lanesboro Road roundabouts in the townland of Ballypheasan.
7. On the north-east side of the R366 Convent Road at the Convent Gym in the townland of Ardnanagh.
8. On the south-west of the N61 Athlone Road, in front of the County Hospital boundary wall in the townland of Ardsallagh Beg.
9. On the east side of the N63 Galway Road at the Roscommon County Library, in the townland of Ballypheasan
10. On the north-west side of L7046 Abbey Street, and the west side L7048 Court Avenue and on either side the L7047 at the Courthouse in the townland of Ardnanagh.
11. On east side of the R366 Main Street, the north side of the L70422 Chapel Lane and the north-west side of the L70423 in the townland of Ballypheasan.
12. On the north-east side of the L7040 Lanesborough Street in the townland of Ballypheasan.
13. On the north west of the LS7042 Church Road at the Leisure Centre in the townland of Ardnanagh.
14. On the north side of the Lough Road L7033 at the entrance to Loughnaneane Park in the townland of Loughnaneane
15. On the north-east side of the L7041 Mart Road and the south east side of L7040 Lanesborough Street in the townland of Ballypheasan.
16. On the south-east side of the N61 Circular Road and to the north-east side of the Fire Station in the townland of Ballypheasan. (Temporary car park)
17. On the west side of R362 Main Street and the east side of the L7043, and to the front and the rear of Harrison Hall in the Square in the townland of Ardnanagh.
18. On the north-east side of the L1812 Golf Links Road at the Scared Heart Home in the townland of Ardsallagh Beg.
No Traffic will be permitted to leave the car park for a period after the games, in order to allow foot patrons leave the area safely.
Patrons should be aware that illegally parked vehicles will be impounded or clamped and will be liable to a fine of €130.00.
Drivers should be aware that illegally or improperly parked vehicles have the potential to cause traffic disruption, obstruction and difficulty to emergency vehicles that may need to access the environs of Roscommon Town and the Streets that surround the Dr Hyde Park Stadium.
Patrons travelling from Sligo are advised to travel to Dr Hyde Park via the N4 to Carrick on Shannon, R368 to Strokestown via Elphin, N5 eastbound to Scramogue Cross turning right on the R371 for Ballyleague /Lanesboro, turning right on to the N63 to Roscommon Town. Supporters arriving via this route are advised to allow time for traffic delays.
This alternative route is in place due to the road closure on the N61 at Tulsk.
Patrons travelling form Mayo are advised to travel to Dr Hyde Park via the N5 to Tulsk , turning right at Tulsk on the N61 to Roscommon Town. Supporters arriving via this route are advised to allow time for traffic delays.
Mayo Patrons may also utilise the N60 to Roscommon Town via Castlerea:
Note Stop Go System in operation at Harristown on the N60 between Castlerea & Ballymoe
Two Traffic Diversions, the first diversion will operate via the L1808/0 on the N60 to N61 with traffic turning left on to the N61 travelling to Colteige Cross turning right on to the L1805/0 crossing the N63 travelling via Kilteevan on the L1806 to the N61 at Carrageen’s for traffic travelling east.
The second diversion will operate from the Donamon junction L1629/0 with the N60 to the junction of the L1818/0 turning left into the village of Castlecoote and into Roscommon Town via the R366.
No Traffic will be permitted to entered Roscommon Town for 1 hour post match
All diversion routes will be clearly signposted by Roscommon County Council.
Emergency Route - Ambulances N61 – N4 Ballinasloe
- Fire Service Circular Road - N61
Patrons are requested to be aware that Dr. Hyde Park is located in a residential area. Patrons attending Dr Hyde Park are requested to respect residents by behaving in an appropriate manner when going to and departing the stadium. Issues such as illegal parking, anti social behaviour, drinking and urinating in public cause difficulties and will not be tolerated by Gardai. Patrons are asked to desist from such behaviour.
Special Needs Parking:
There are special needs parking facilities on the public streets within the environs of Dr Hyde Park
Special needs parking is also available at Dr Hyde Park Entrance via vehicle entrance 2 on the Athlone Road (N61).
There is a limited bus/coach parking facility at Council car park situated on the circular Road Roscommon Town. There will not be any facility for coach parking at Dr Hyde Park. Parking will be on a first come first served basis. Please ensure that you comply with parking regulations. Double parking of buses will not be permitted. Drivers are also requested to only turn engines when in a position to depart.
Pre Event Traffic Restrictions:
Parking restrictions will operate on the N61 on the west & east bound sides of the carriageway and also on both sides of the Circular Road in its entirety. All Illegally Parked vehicles will be towed to a Garda compound at Roscommon Station.
As a guideline the full Garda operation will be in place one hour prior to stiles opening time and one hour post event to enable match patrons to arrive and depart safely.
Sections of Stadium open for Event -
Zone 1 — Covered Stand
Zone 2 – Uncovered Seating, (Sideline)
Zone 3 – Eastern Terrace
Zone 4- Town-end terrace
Zone 5- Athlone road end terrace
Zone 6- Spectator Circulation Area, rear of Stand
Zone 7- Spectator Circulation Area, rear of Eastern terrace
Zone 8- Spectator Circulation Area, front of stadium
Patrons are advised that the Gardaí will not permit the consumption of alcohol outside public houses, while walking along the street or in any other public place.
Patrons are asked to have consideration for local residents and refrain from anti-social behaviour such as on street drinking and urinating etc.
Patrons are advised to be aware of their own personal safety and security while attending the event. They should ensure the security of personal belongings while on route to and from the stadium i.e. purses/wallets/tickets/ Mobile Phones.
Patrons who arrive by vehicle should also ensure that property is not left exposed in parked vehicles. They should ensure that car windows, sunroofs are correctly closed.
End of Game Crowd Movement:
Due to a crowd management plan on the Athlone Road/County Home Road in the vicinity of the Dr. Hyde Park, patrons leaving the Covered Stand and seated Stand areas of the stadium are requested to utilise routes other than Athlone Road as they depart Dr Hyde Park. This will greatly assist Gardaí with crowd management and movement in the Athlone Road area and will result in a safer egress from the stadium for all patrons.
Patrons should also comply with the directions issued by Gardaí and stewards as they depart the stadium. Again the directions are issued with a view to making the stadium environs a safer place during patron exit from Dr Hyde Park.