Mumford & Sons Concert and the Connacht Senior & Minor Football Semi-Final’s
On the 9/6/12 in Galway
MUMFORD & SONS CONCERT
SALTHILL PARK, SALTHILL, GALWAY.
CONNACHT SENIOR & MINOR FOOTBALL SEMI-FINALS
PEARSE STADIUM, SALTHILL, GALWAY.
SATURDAY, 9TH JUNE, 2012
TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS AND DIVERSIONS:
The Mumford & Sons Concert and the Connacht Senior & Minor Football Semi-Final’s are scheduled to take place in Salthill, Galway City on Saturday, the 9th June, 2012.
The Gates to the concert venue in Salthill Park will open at 3.30 p.m. and the gates to Pearse Stadium will open for patrons also at 3.30 p.m. The first game, the minor match will commence at 4.30p.m. The senior final game will commence at 6 p.m.
Large crowds of patrons are expected to attend both venues. These events are all ticket events. However, some tickets will be available at both venues on the day.
Gardaí will be on duty on the approach roads to the concert venue and to Pearse Stadium. VSM (electronic signs) machines will be in use on the approaches to the concert venue displaying concert information. Traffic barriers will be erected to prevent entry by vehicular traffic and will remain in force until after the concert is over (cira 11pm).
Vehicular traffic will not be allowed past the barriers (with the exception of residents in possession of vehicle passes), nor will vehicles be allowed to approach the concert venue until after the patrons have left the vicinity. People should make arrangements to pick up patrons at a location away from the concert / Stadium venues.
Gardai ask Patrons:
(1) Leave plenty of time to get to the concert / match venues. Traffic is usually busy in Galway City, in normal circumstances, on Saturdays.
(2) Parking in the vicinity of Salthill Park and Pearse Stadium will be forbidden and patrons are advised to be prepared to walk some distances to the venues.
(3) Parking facilities are available in car parks around the city. There will be very limited on-street parking in the Salthill vicinity.
(4) Motorists are asked to be careful where they park their vehicles. Vehicles that are parked in restricted areas, or parked in such a way as to block entry to businesses and houses, will be towed away.
(5) Motorists are advised not to leave personal property exposed in parked cars. Property should be left at home or placed in the boot prior to arriving at parking locations.
(6) Patrons are advised that Bus Éireann will operate their normal Bus Service, from Eyre Square (Salthill bus stops) to Salthill (Dalysfort Road and Dr. Mannix Road) for these events.
(7) Parking restrictions will be strictly adhered to. No illegal parking will be allowed at:
1. Kingston Road
2. Taylor’s Hill
3. Rosary Lane
4. Oaklands / Devon Gardens
5. Reveagh Road
6. Rockbarton Road and
7. Dalysfort Road
Vehicles illegally parked will be towed away.
Only Vehicles having valid Residents’ Passes will be allowed into the restricted zone around venue locations.
The Gardaí would encourage patrons to approach the concert venue from the Lower Salthill / Promenade area. GAA patrons attending Pearse Stadium should approach the stadium from the Taylors Hill, Threadneedle Road, Dr. Mannix Road, Devon Gardens (Lower Salthill), Lenaboy Avenue directions.