Roads to be closed to vehicular traffic:
• Henry Street from its junction with Lr Mallow Street to its junction with Mill Lane - 10.00 -15.00
• Mill Lane (both sides) from its junction with Henry Street to its junction with Bishops Quay - 10.00 - 15.00
• The Quays, (river side) from Shannon Bridge to Honan’s Quay - 10.00 - 15.00
• Quinlan Street (into town side)from its intersection with The Crescent to its intersection with O’Connell Avenue - 07.00 - 14.00
• Quin Street (both sides) (from its junction with O’Connell Avenue to its junction with the South Circular Road - 07.00 - 14.00
• Shannon Street (both sides) from its junction with Henry Street to its junction with O’Connell Street - 07.00 - 14.00
• Roches Street (both sides) from its junction with Catherine Street to its junction with O’Connell Street - 07.00 - 18.00
• O’Connell Street (both sides) from its junction with Sarsfield Street to its junction with Lr. Cecil Street - 07.00 - 18.00
• Bedford Row from its junction with Henry Street to its junction with O’Connell Street - 07.00 - 18.00
• Thomas Street from its junction with O’Connell Street to its junction with Augustinian Lane - 07.00 - 18.00
Roads where parking is temporarily prohibited:
• O’Connell Avenue (inbound side Punches Cross to Quin Street) - 07.00 - 15.00
• St Lelia Street (East side between Dublin Road and Pennywell Road) - 07.00 - 13.00
• New Road, Pennywell (East side, outside St John’s Hospital) - 07.00 - 13.00
• Cathedral Place (East side, between St John’s Cathedral and Mulgrave Street) - 07.00 - 13.00
• Upper Henry Street (from Quin Street to St. Alphonsus Street) - 07.00 - 15.00
• Clare Street (left hand side out of town) - 07.00 - 10.00
Roads where parking is temporarily prohibited:
• High Road, Thomondgate (between Thomond Bridge and Thomond Row) - 10.00 - 16.00
• Cratloe Road (from Hassetts cross to Moylish Roundabout) - 10.00 - 16.00
• Ennis Road (inbound side between Brookville Avenue and Corrib Drive) - 10.00 - 16.00
• At this point householders have been notified in relation to all Road Closures in the area. Any household who has not yet received this information is advised to consult the Great Limerick Run website: www.greatlimerickrun.ie or www.limerick.ie where a full list of Road closures and access routes are available.
Regional Maternity Hospital:
• An access point for medical services/ emergencies for the Regional Maternity Hospital have been designated as Thomond Bridge, Shannon Bridge and through the Limerick Tunnel. Please note that there is a FULL road closure in place at Sarsfield Bridge.
Residents in the Caherdavin/ Mayorstone/ Shelbourne Road/ Old Cratloe Road/ Ennis Road/ Kileely/ Thomondgate/ Clancy Strand/ O’ Callaghan Strand areas are advised to be aware of all Road Closures and parking restrictions in place on this date and are advised to plan any journeys in advance bearing in mind the timing of the Road closures.
An Garda Siochana would appreciate if residential Parking permit Holders would make temporary arrangements to alter their parking practice, on the above streets, on Sunday 6th May, during .the above time periods, so that the runner and route control arrangements can be implemented for this event, which is part of Limerick City’s Riverfest 2012, on the May Bank Holiday Weekend. This event has attracted over 7,500 participants, with more than half being from outside Limerick City and Munster. For further information on this event, please visit www.riverfest.ie
Roxboro Road Area:
ROADS TO BE CLOSED TO VEHICULAR TRAFFIC
• Mallow Street and Upper Mallow Street (both sides) from its junction with O'Connell Street to its junction with Boherbuoy Road - 07.00hrs - 14.00hrs
• Barrington Street (both sides) from its junction with The Crescent to its intersection with Pery Square - 07.00hrs - 14.00hrs
• Pery Square, (both sides) from its intersection with Barrington Street to its junction with Mallow Street - 07.00hrs - 14.00hrs
• Upper Harstonge Street (both sides) from its junction with Pery Square to its junction with O'Connell Street - 07.00hrs - 14.00hrs
• Catherine Place (both sides) from its junction with Mallow Street to its junction with Upper Hartstonge Street - 07.00hrs - 14.00hrs
• The Crescent (out of town side) from its junction with Upper Harstonge Street to its intersection with O'Connell Avenue - 07.00hrs - 14.00hrs
ROADS WHERE PARKING IS TEMPORARILY PROHIBITED
• Ballinacurra Road (inbound side, between South Circular Road and Southville Gardens) - 07.00hrs - 1500hrs
• O'Connell Avenue (inbound side Punches Cross to Quin Street) - 07.00hrs - 1500hrs
• Parnell Street (West side, between Roches Street and Davis Street) - 07.00hrs - 1300hrs
• Boherbuoy Road (Both sides, between Davis Street and Lord Edward Street) - 07.00hrs - 1400hrs
• Greenfields Road (both sides from Childers Road to County Boundary - 07.00hrs - 1230hrs.
GREAT LIMERICK RUN, SUNDAY 6th MAY
Parking Prohibitions: Stopping and parking of vehicles, including vehicles issued with Resident Parking Permits will be prohibited from parking on the above roads, during the periods indicated. A vehicle tow-away programme will be in operation by An Garda Siochana.
VEHICLES PARKED IN BREACH OF PARKING RESTRICTIONS ARE LIABLE TO BE TOWED AWAY AT OWNER EXPENSE OF €160.
Diversionary Routes: Diversionary Routes will be signposted and operational during the above periods of road closures. The Garda Siochana will be engaged in directing traffic.
We would kindly ask Patrons to follow the advice of the Gardaí at all times in relation to traffic diversions and parking to avoid delays and ensure the safety of all particpants
Crime Prevention Advice
The Great Limerick Run takes place between 7am - 10pm. In addition to traffic diversions and parking restrictions that will be in place we would also ask people to be conscious of their own personal safety when out and about. Park your car in a safe area remove any property from view and ensure it is locked and secure before you park it up.
Large crowds are expected to participate in the Run and to visit the Riverfest festivites over the weekend so we are appealing to parents to keep a close eye on their children and make sure they do not wander into unsafe areas at any events over the weekend.
Do not display obvious valuables on your person, carry cash in your pocket rather than in a handbag. . Beware of pickpockets and take heed of those standing around you. If you see a crime being committed please notify the Gardaí immediately.