Crime prevention advice in relation to Bogus Callers
• Look out the window
• Have a viewer fitted in your door
• Have a door chain fitted and keep the chain on
• Make sure your back door is locked before you go to the door
• Ask for ID – a genuine caller won’t mind
• Don’t be embarrassed to tell the caller to write and make an appointment
• The basic rule is if you don’t know the person at your door, you shouldn’t let them in.
• If anxious contact your local Gardaí.
Crime Prevention tips in relation to Bogus Callers is available here
Crime Prevention information for Security for the older person is available here
A larger version of Bogus Caller Check Card for printing is available on the right
ELECTRIC IRELAND REPRESENTATIVES
Introduce themselves by name and as representatives of Electric Ireland
- Photographic ID with a unique ID number and contact number
Customers may contact this number if in any doubt
- Branded jacket
- Branded leather folder, contract books, terms and conditions, branded promotional leaflets etc.
Representatives work until 8pm each evening Monday to Friday.
BORD GÁIS REPRESENTATIVES
Call by appointment only
- Official ID and contact number at all times
- Well branded
Follow a set script that confirms they are at the correct person’s home and introduces who they are and what Eircom products they are selling.
- Official Eircom ID and contact number of the regional sales manager for the area and Eircom 1901 call centre
- Branded jacket, Information Packs etc