The Change Management Section
The Garda Commissioner established the Change Management Section in 1996.
The purpose of the Change Management Section is to effectively deliver organisational change to support the diverse and complex requirements associated with meeting the demands of a modern policing service. The section works in partnership across the organisation to ensure the effective planning and delivery of change within a clear governance framework.
The Change Management Section applies a structured project management methodology that includes the following elements; critical thinking, process analysis, stakeholder analysis, communications, training and process re-design.
The function of the Change Management Section includes:
• Leading change and developing and implementing strategies
• Promoting sponsorship and leadership of the change initiatives amongst senior Garda Management
• Involving key stakeholders at every stage and effectively managing resistance
• Extensive and targeted communications at all stages of initiatives
• Providing ongoing support after implementation
The section is located at Ashtown Gate, Navan Road, Dublin 15. It is staffed by Garda members and civilian personnel and is headed by a Chief Superintendent who reports to Assistant Commissioner, Executive Support & Corporate Services.
The Change Management Section can be contacted at:
Change Management Section
Tel: +353 1 6662087